is a country that is rich in its culture, heritage, monuments, architecture, temples, churches and gurudwaras. India also has plenty of holiday spots.
1. Come to Rishikesh for indulging in adventure sports such as river rafting, climbing, paragliding, mountaineering, skiing and camping. The cool houseboats in Kashmir and the landscape is a treat for visitors during summer.
2. Rishikesh is a haven for those with a spiritual quest. India the land that gave birth to religions like Hinduism, Buddhism and Sikhism has much to offer to the seekers of spiritual enlightenment at the ancient pilgrimage centers spread across India. The temples in India are perfect for those seeking peace of mind. Vaishnodevi temple in Jammu to the Jewish Synagogue at Cochin and the Buddhist stupa of Sanchi and the ruins of Hampi are important pilgrimage centers.
3. Come and be visually treated by the ancient paintings in Ajanta and Ellora caves and the sculptures of the temples of Khajuraho and Konark.
4. If you are a history enthusiast, you have numerous monuments as well as ruins of great monuments, temples, forts and architecture. India is a haven for historians and historical research students.
5. Beach lovers can have a really fantastic holiday experience at the beaches of Goa. The beaches at Chennai and many others dotting the coasts of south India are spectacular.
6. The hill stations like Ooty, Simla and Darjeeling are perfect places for relaxation and rejuvenation. Breathe the fresh air with the fragrance of the rare and vibrant botanical gardens or soak in the therapeutic air filled with herbal flavor.
7. India's landscape is rich in sun bathed beaches, colorful and enchanting flora and fauna hills and valleys with wildlife are a true treat to any admirer of nature. Visit India this summer to see the country at its spectacular best.
8. If you are a health freak, you must not miss the Ayurvedic and modern healthcare and the scenic beauty of Kerala tourism. Bangalore and Chennai have the best worldclass multi specialty hospitals. The houseboats, boat rides in the lakes and rejuvenating massages help you to unwind and distress.
9. India has a number of National parks and wildlife sanctuaries and bird sanctuaries. It is a fascinating experience for tourists from all parts of the world.
10. There is an endless variety of Arts and crafts, folk arts, tribal and traditional arts to enjoy and take home. Shoppers will be pleasantly surprised at the unique and captivating pieces of Indian artifacts.
About the Author:
Vasantha' many interests include travel, self-improvement, alternative therapies, internet enterpreneurship. Visit http://holidayresortsblog.com/